When you play in the Raffle, you’ll be in with the chance to win some amazing prizes, all the while helping support individuals and families living with muscle-wasting and weakening conditions. Play in the Raffle and you could win:
- First prize, £3,000
- Second prize, £250
- Third prize, £50
Just imagine what you could do with £3,000 – you could jet off on beach side holiday, grab yourself some new furniture or spruce the house up a bit, or just treat yourself to something luxurious! You deserve it!
Your support is as important as ever, as we remain under pressure to meet the growing demand for our services – including support and advice to people living with muscle-wasting conditions as well as funding ground-breaking research into potential treatments and cures for children like Josie (pictured). You can make a huge difference by playing the Spring Raffle. All proceeds go towards supporting our work to beat muscle-wasting conditions.
Playing in the Raffle helps MDUK be here for more children like Josie.
Josie Chubb was just 18 months old when she was diagnosed with Ullrich congenital muscular dystrophy. Her mum, Charlotte, says:
It felt like MDUK really opened up the doors of support for us. They provided information on both housing adaptations and financial support, help in talking to Josie’s school about her needs and they also introduced us to other parents of children with Josie’s condition which was so important for us.
If MDUK hadn’t been there when we needed them, I think we'd still be in a world of disarray because we would have had no central core point of contact to go to.
Every entry in the raffle helps us fund pioneering research into treatments for muscle-wasting conditions and continue to provide vital support services to improve the lives of people living with these conditions. Our lucky winners will be drawn on 16 June 2023!
If you have any questions about the raffle, please contact us on 01628 201 289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Raffle is only open to residents of the UK over the age of 18 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations)
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Muscular Dystrophy UK
- The prizes for the Raffle are 1st Prize – £3,000, 2nd Prize – £250 and 3rd Prize -£50. There are no alternatives to any prize
- The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house. The results of the draw are final.
- Based upon the number of entries in our 2022 raffles, the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket was 1 in 1324.
- From the proceeds of all tickets sold in the raffle in 2022, just 13.49% went on expenses, 39.26% on prizes and a fantastic 47.25% came back to Muscular Dystrophy UK to fund our important work.
- Entries must be received by 14 June 2023
- Late entries will be transferred to the next raffle
- The draw will be held on 16 June 2023
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on the Raffleplayer website (or charity website) within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in Muscular Dystrophy UK PR and promotional activity
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Muscular Dystrophy UK to contact the winner, then Muscular Dystrophy UK will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize
- The Muscular Dystrophy UK policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes
Muscular Dystrophy UK is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 47915. Responsible person: Emma Maunder, Associate Director of Development, Muscular Dystrophy UK, 32 Ufford Street, London SE1 8QD. Registered Charity No. 205395 and Registered Scottish Charity No. SC039445
You can read our raffle policies here.
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org